Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is God Enough?

We sing songs about how God is more than enough for our every need. We read stories of how God's children trust Him for everything. When it comes down to it, is God really enough?

I've been reading through Job this week...poor guy. If everyone your family suddenly died and all your possessions were taken, would you still trust God to supply for your needs? 

If your dreams were shattered, would God fulfill your yearning? If your spouse stopped loving you, would His love be enough? If the world looked down on you, would esteem in His eyes be enough? 

I'm not sure I have made it to the point in my life where God is truly enough for all of me. I think I still have a "God and..." attitude.

Posted by Jessica Page

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was your age I felt alot like that. Seems the older I got and the more I experienced the more I realized that God could be enough. In reflection, He has truly been the only constant thing in my life.
I have been disappointed by people and circumstances. I have lost people I've loved and things that mattered. Seen dreams shattered after much hard work.
Yet through it all GOD has been there! Teaching , guiding, protecting, comforting, loving me.
I didn't always realize it. Of course when I was younger, my outlook was different,I could conquer the world, I was bold and strong, full of ideas and needed no one.
Thankfully GOD loved me enough, that he continued to teach me that I am so much MORE capable with HIS help, and that He can be "enough" for me in any situation.
For me it seems the older we get,or maybe the more life experiences we encounter it is comforting to know that HE can be enough. He can be all that we need.