Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Be the Change

Well, we set the woods on fire this last Sunday. I shared with the church what God has been teaching me about “doing the will of Him that sent me”. We talked about starving for that sustenance from God. There was a great move. Many came to the front to openly admit that they are hungry for the food of the Promised Land and not just manna.

For some reason, I got extremely down after that service. All that I hoped would happen did, but it was not enough. I told them how that I expected the Word of God to start a revival, and it caused more movement than usual, but it was not right. Instead of asking people to come to the front, I wanted to say, “Who’s with me?” and lead a charge right out the back door. Once again tradition wins out. (Stinkin’ tradition).

I had high hopes that this message that truly was from God would spark an unstoppable fire in the hearts of the people. But now, I am reminded of a book Kevin Higgins told me about. It’s about a young boy that decided if modern-day slavery was going to be stopped, he would have to do it. It’s called “Be the Change”.

Fires are not started by words or desires, fires are started by fires. Doug Patterson, the one-liner king, said this: If you want to make change in your life, make change in your life. If there is going to be a revival unbeknownst to Henderson occur at LDMBC, it’s not going to happen because I want it to. It’s only going to happen because I start it. Only Passion is truly passionate. I can’t want passion from my church until I find passion in myself. Passion and hunger feel a lot alike. It’s like when someone is found in the desert. They need to slowly drink room-temperature water, but instead they gorge themselves on ice cold water to the point of sickness. I’ve been in the desert, and I’m thirsty.

Real thirsty.

No comments: